
I have learnt many things whilst creating this magazine. For example Photoshop for creating my front cover for the magazine. I did have a basic knowledge of Photoshop such as how to set the page up, importing a photo and editing things like hue and saturation. But then there were some things that I didn't have a clue how to do. I learnt how to cut around an image and get rid of the background then replace it with another. I also learnt about layers and how it is important to get them in the right order otherwise items on the page will go somewhere you don't want them to be.But I also had to upload everything to this blog which I had never done before. I learnt about how to upload images and videos. Plus how to use scribd which is really handy when uploading word documents onto this blog.
Creating my contents page in indesign was also a new thing to me as I had never used it before. I learnt that creating columns and margins was important as otherwise you wouldn't know where anything would go and it would end up wonky. I also found out that you should use Photoshop and indesign together. You can do this by editing items such as pictures you want to use in Photoshop so then you can just place them into indesign. This is because indesign is used for just making the final product where as Photoshop isn't and it is mainly used for manipulating pictures and things like that for the final outcome.
These skills will help me in the future when creating other products such as my music magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment